Expect (at least) weekly posts! Keep checking in! 

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Guest Blogger

Jolly Ho! My name is David Chamberlain and I am from Devon in 'Ye Olde England'. Ariel and Emily have been living with me for two days now and I am sick and tired of them. I mean seriously, skype at 2am? Anyway... they've visited Dartmoor which is our equivalent of yellowstone except much less interesting, seen Kick-ass in a British cinema and been to the most amzing place in the world, Milton Keynes (this is our equivalent of Birmingham Alabama, by which i mean scummy). They also made fun of my work outfit, apron and my clip-on tie from Waitrose which is our equivalent of Wholefoods except it hasn't got health foods and it's where rich people go to laugh at peasants. I tried to introduce them to British comedians but as most of them are from up North they couldn't understand the accent. Tomorrow we are leaving at 8:30 to go to Newquay which is a haven for young people and surfing in England and three of my friends are also coming which will mean extra bullying for Ariel and Emily. They also visited my school yesterday and i'm pretty sure they hated it. They were also ignored by people because of the fact that they are American but i forced them to talk and the problem was resolved. If you want a cheap laugh then just ask the girls to video me saying stuff in a funny accent. Toodle pip, cheerio.
Dave x

2 comments:

  1. David: Even with only one eyebrow, you are still as cute as a button and now we know that you could make a living as a stand-up comedian as well! I feel your pain-Emily tries to bully us parents,too.
    Please ask the girls if you can guest-blog again. I love that "British humor".
    Looking forward to hosting you in September when you can check out Otter Valley where I don't think the students will snub you for being a Redcoat.
    Regards, Em's Mum Anne Baylock

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note about politics. When the girls get back we’ll be curious about their take on the national elections taking place over there. Specifically, we'll be interested in hearing how they compare and contrast with our own?

    So, David, what are your impressions of our political process? It might be interesting for the girls to hear about our elections from your point of view.

    Often, as in families and in friendships, the most honest and frank feedback comes from those closest to us. It will also be interesting to hear from Ariel and Emily about perceptions of America in the U.K. and how those have compared with individuals’ perceptions elsewhere in their travels.

    Mr. Finley & Ms. Cioffredi

    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness…” Twain

    ReplyDelete