Expect (at least) weekly posts! Keep checking in! 

Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Weeklies: Person, Photo, Word and Food

Person of the Week

Name: Claire

Where were you born?
Bucarest, Romania

When did you move to Italy?
At age 21

What is your favorite part of Italy?
Venice

Why did you come to Italy?
To study

What did you study?
Pharmacy, but initially I wanted to study language. I can‘t remember why I changed. It was probably easier to study and find work in Pharmacy

What do you do now?
I work for the public health as a pharmacist.

How did you learn English?
In school. I have studied English, French, and Russian…then later I learned Italian.

What do you do for pleasure?
I enjoy travel. I enjoy traveling where I have friends, so I can visit them while traveling.
I love to cook. I prefer to prepare cakes. I like to bicycle and here the city hall gives bicycles for very inexpensive prices to use in the city.

What is your favorite Italian food?
Probably pasta. Italian food is the best, and then French and Asian. It is difficult to say which, of French and Italian food, is better.


Photo of the Week

Well, the pictures overall won't upload right now, so we're going to do it all later.


Word of the Week

La vita bella - The beautiful life

Italians really do live a beautiful life, what with all that delicious food. We enjoyed Italy so much!


Food of the Week

Since we're in Italy, obviously our food of the week is PASTA! We love pasta! This was some incredibly delicious pasta with pesto, potatoes and cheese sprinkled on top. Delicious!

Our bonus Food of the Week is gelato! It's sort of like ice cream and comes in so many delicious flavors. There are gelaterias on every corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment